Monday, March 12, 2018

Unit 6: The Future

1. When we know about the future we normally use the present tense.
  • We use the present simple for something scheduled or arranged:
We have a lesson next Monday.
Resultado de imagen de the futureThe train arrives at 6.30 in the morning.
The holidays start next week.
It is my birthday tomorrow.
  • We can use the present continuous for plans or arrangements:
I’m playing football tomorrow.
They are coming to see us tomorrow.
We’re having a party at Christmas.
2. We use will to talk about the future:
  • When we make predictions:
It will be a nice day tomorrow.
I think Brazil will win the World Cup.
I’m sure you will enjoy the film.
  • To mean want to or be willing to:
I hope you will come to my party.
George says he will help us.
  • To make offers and promises:
I'll see you tomorrow.
We'll send you an email.
  • To talk about offers and promises:
Tim will be at the meeting.
Mary will help with the cooking.
3. We use (be) going to:
  • To talk about plans and intentions:
I’m going to drive to work today.
They are going to move to Manchester.
  • When we can see that something is likely to happen:
Be careful! You are going to fall.
Look at those black clouds. I think it’s going to rain.

Retrieved from : https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/english-grammar/talking-about-future

No comments:

Post a Comment